Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hellboy: Seed of Destruction


...is the first chapter of the Hellboy series from Mike Mignola. I watched Guillermo Del Toro's Hellboy and Hellboy 2 and enjoyed them more than I had expected. I like Del Toro's movies but Hellboy was a character and idea I was not familiar with. But as an outcome of watching those films I became interested in the comics and here I am. Yesterday I bought and read Seed of Destruction(SD), which made me appreciate the movie more since I now know where the ideas and story-line came from.   The comic and the film do have difference though; the film has the father figure taking a bigger role than in the comic. I do have to say that Del Toro made a fucking great cast choice with Ron Pearlman or Perlman, I don't know, as Hellboy because he looks just like him. Rasputin is a sinister bastard.  The illustrations are pleasing to the eye and have a baroque or gothic look to them which I liked. 7.89/10

No comments:

Post a Comment